Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween

Below is a picture of the mask I bought to look like Bane. However, as I was thinking about it, I have decided to not dress up like Bane today. In my mind, all of this is a huge goal. If I dress up like Bane today, it seems as though I've already met the goal and there's nothing really left to work toward. That is most definitely not the case. I have made quite a bit of progress, but I am not on Bane's level just yet. 

(The Bane Mask)

See, for someone like Bane, the costume isn't really what makes him. What makes him is the fact that he's an enormous monster who can't be stopped. If I put on the costume today, I would be a poser. That's the last thing I want.

Think about your life though. How many times do we put on the "costume" of Christianity? There are so many times where we think that going to church, wearing the WWJD bracelet, or getting a Bible verse tattooed on ourselves is enough. It's not. A costume is not what makes a Christian. A lifestyle is what makes a Christian. 

I hope everyone had fun today wearing costumes around and pretending to be people and things they weren't. And I hope you got tons of candy reward for your efforts. Just remember that being a "poser" Christian and just wearing a "costume" won't get you any reward in the end. 

Happy Halloween!

"For you are not a true Jew just because you were born of Jewish parents or because you have gone through the ceremony of circumcision. No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by God’s Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people." 
(Romans 2:28-29 NLT)

Workout:
Today was a rest day.

Till next time homies,
Peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment