Friday, October 5, 2012

Press with Prometheus

There is a machine at the gym called the Tricep Press. Basically, you sit down in a chair and push down on some weighted bars that are on each side of you. Doing this contracts the triceps and causes great growth because the triceps are completely isolated. There's no way to use any part of your body except the triceps to extend the press machine. I really enjoy this machine.

There are not too many machines I look forward to using, but I do look forward to this one. For one main reason - I max out the machine. The highest weight you can put on the bars is 165 pounds, and I can push all of it down. Well, kind of.

See, I only weigh around 190 pounds and due to the angle you have to sit at, it's hard for me to get the weight started. This means that when I want to begin, I have to ask someone to help me push the bars down. Once I get started, I can rep the weight, but I do need the initial help to get it started. 

It helped me a lot to have someone there. Today, it was my friend Prometheus (I call him Prometheus and everyone else should too. That's not his real name, but Prometheus is way cooler than "Luke" as a name, don't you think? Plus, to me, he just looks like a "Prometheus"). But it got me thinking about all the hard times in my life I couldn't have gotten through without the help of some people who really took the time to care. Isn't it so much better when we have people there for us? I know I've talked about not being alone in a previous post, but today just made me re-realize the importance of having people around. When we face something tough, we might not even stand a chance alone, but with others, we can overcome it all. Take time today to let someone know you care about them.

"A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken." (Ecclesiastes 4:12 NLT)

Workout:
Negative chin ups: 5x5 SLOW!
Spider curl: 80 pound preacher bar
Wide curls: 45 pound dumbbells
Curl up/hammer down: 45  pound dumbbells
TRX curls: 3 rounds of max reps - 8/8/8

TRX triceps extension: 3 rounds of max reps 10/10/10
Close grip bench press: 155 pounds
Overhead extension: 100 pound dumbbell x 6
Tricep press: 165 (maxed)
Two way extensions: 35 pound dumbbells

Rope: 27.5 pounds
Dumbbell wrist curl: 30 pound dumbbell
Dumbbell reverse wrist curl: 20 pound dumbbell

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Glory by Hollywood Undead (suggested by Alex Springer. It's such a good song, and gets me PSYCHED!!!)
2. R.I.P. by Rita Ora ft. Tinie Tempah
3. Don't Give Up by Calling Glory

Till next time my party people...
Peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment