Monday, October 22, 2012

Exhaustion

Today's workout went great. I was really feeling it today. The music was bumpin, the Super Pump Max was fueling me, and the people I was surrounded by were encouraging me. Everything was set to make a great workout. I was pushing myself to the absolute limit today. The workout changed today from 3 sets of 8 reps to 4 sets of 10 reps. It made things a little tougher, but that's okay. I was ready to push until my head exploded if I had to. But there does come a point when your body just can't push any more. I reached that point today.

I was bench pressing and was on my final set. This time, I did have RJ as my spotter, so I was prepared (no need to worry mom). I was pushing and was on my eighth rep when RJ said I just started shaking my head no - meaning that there was no way I was going to be able to push the weight up any more. I tried my hardest, and was pushing so hard and my face was turning so red, but I just couldn't get it there. That's okay though. I was still quite proud of the accomplishment I had made on the bench. (I did, however, do a punishment set where I made myself do a fifth set of ten reps with only 135 pounds.)

Here's the thing though people...our bodies will fail us. There will always come a time when we just can't push any farther. And there will come a time when we all die. I don't mean to be morbid about it, but it's the truth. We will all die. Our lives here on earth are only for a brief period of time. The Bible says our life here is like a mist that quickly fades away. That is not an excuse to not take care of your physical self! We still need to be healthy and make proper choices because our physical bodies are still God's temple. And the Bible makes an incredible promise to us.

God lets us know that everyone's body fails at some point. That's the bad news. But the good news is that when we do feel like we can't keep moving, God will reach out and give us new strength and keep us moving on. If we will have faith in Him and His power, He will never let us down. The Bible even says that if we feel like we just have to give up and we reach out to God, He will make us soar. That's God's promise, and God never lies. Soar high people.

"Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:30, 31 NLT)

Workout:
In today's workout, I tried to use the same weight throughout the entire 4 sets of each exercise. If that was not doable, I listed the weights I used for each set separately next to each exercise.

Squats 4x10 - 275 pounds
Split squats 4x10 - 55 pound dumbbells
Barbell shoulder press 4x10 - 100 pounds
Bench press 4x10 - 2 sets of 10 with 185 pounds, (3rd set) 8 reps with 185 pounds, (4th set) 8.5 reps with 175 pounds, (Punishment set) 10 reps with 135 pounds
DB lateral raises 4x10 - 25 pound dumbbells
Plate chest press 4x20 - (1st set) 100 pounds, (2nd set) 95 pounds, (3rd set) 90 pounds, (4th set) 90 pounds
Front raise 4x10 - 20 pound dumbbells

Talk to you again tomorrow party people.
Till then, peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment