Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Blind

This morning I was leading worship for a school and the lady whom I lead with (Anne Wegert) challenged all of the kids to take a look around this week at all of the leaves changing colors around them. Apparently, this is "peak week" for the changing colors, so it looks especially good at this time. I heard what she had to say, did my thing, and then continued about my day.

When I got to the gym, there were tons of people I knew and I was having a great time talking to all of them. I even made some new friends today which was really cool. I was there for what seemed like forever, and I decided at that time to end my workout with a run outside. I turned on some Justin Bieber and took off. There is a great trail that goes around my gym and takes you through the woods which really helps distract me from the fact that I'm running. I took one lap around and then it hit me. The entire time I was running, I was looking down at my feet. I didn't take a single moment to look up and see the beautiful trees that were changing colors throughout the woods. 

I picked up my pace and took another lap. This time, making sure to keep my eyes up as much as possible. When I entered the woods and saw all of the trees, my face immediately lit up and a smile peeked through. That's right, I smiled while I was running. It hit me. God made those trees for me to enjoy on this day. How cool is that?

God is concerned with our lives and all of the major things going on, but today was a great reminder that God is a God of the details. This morning, Anne reminded everyone that "God could have left everything gray. But He chose to not do that because He wanted us to enjoy the trees". I think it's amazing that the God of the universe is interested in me getting the most out of a Tuesday afternoon run. He loves us so much that He sent His Son and as a reminder that He cares about us and loves us and wants the absolute best for us, He surrounds us with such beautiful things like the trees. It's incredible.

Take some time this week to notice God at work all around you. He's there, don't be blind to Him. 

"For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God." (Romans 1:20 NLT)

Workout:
The format follows the same as yesterday's workout. It switched from 3 sets of 8 reps last week to 4 sets of 10 reps this week.

Dead lift  - 205 pounds
Stiff leg dead lift  - 165 pounds
Power shrugs  - 120 pounds
DB rows  - 65 pound dumbbells
Lat pull down - 105 pounds
Reverse flys - 15 pound dumbbells
Dumbbell curls - 40 pound dumbbells

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Believe by Justin Bieber
2. Men in Black by Forever the Sickest Kids
3. Our God's Alive by Andy Cherry

I know I already said it once, but really do take the time to notice God around you. He's there.
Till next time, peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment