Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Proud Moment

Today as I was getting dressed in the locker room, I had something cool and funny happen. Pretty much every day, I wear a wife beater as well as a cutoff muscle shirt. Today as I was putting on my wife beater, I had some trouble. I know that sounds silly. After all, it is just a shirt. However, it was a really cool reason why I was having trouble.

As I pulled the wife beater down over my head, all was going well. I even pulled it all the way down and it fit, but it didn't feel right. It seemed all scrunched up and out of place. I tried to readjust the shirt from the bottom, but that's not where the problem was. As I tugged on the shirt in different places, I figured it out. The shirt had gotten caught on my traps. (It was trapped there. That's right...I'm hilarious.)

I was so elated to realize that progress has been made. My whole goal for the past two weeks and the two weeks to come is to grow my shoulders. For those of you who don't know, traps are a part of the shoulders. The hard work is paying off.

Isn't it crazy that God is exactly the opposite? We work so hard for everything here on earth, but God doesn't ask us to work to get to Him. God offers us an absolutely free gift that we cannot earn - no matter how hard we work! That's such a great thing, isn't it?

Sure, after we accept the gift, our hearts and actions should change, but God gives us a free gift - He gave us His Son. 100% for free. And when we accept that gift and really let it transform our hearts, we will see the results of His work, not our own. God is offering this gift to you. Will you accept it? Will you accept the absolute best life here on earth as well as the absolute best life eternally? It's right there, all you have to do is say yes.

If you'd like more information about accepting that free gift, talk to a Christian friend, or email me at biggodlittlestu@gmail.com I'd be happy to talk to you about it. It's right there. Just say yes. The results are way more than big traps. It literally makes an eternal difference.

"“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16 NLT)

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9 NLT)

Workout:
4x10 of every exercise
Dead lift - 210 pounds
Stiff leg dead lift - 175 pounds
Power shrugs - 125 pounds
DB rows (each arm) - 70 pound dumbbells
Lat pull down - 110 pounds
Reverse flys - 15 pound dumbbells
Dumbbell curls - 45 pound dumbbells

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. There is Nothing Like by Hillsong United
2. Everything by Lifehouse
3. I'd Hate To Be You When People Find Out What This Song Is About by Mayday Parade

Talk to you again tomorrow homies...
Peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment