Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Misery Loves Company

As I told you yesterday, my body was really sore. It was bad enough to get me to consult with my medical expert about what to do. His suggestion was not pleasing to me. He said he thinks I should take off from lifting for the next week and use no weights except for just the bar. That sounded terrible to me. Immediately, my mind began to think about all the things that would happen from a week off. In my mind, every bit of muscle I've gained would fall away within just a few days and I wouldn't be able to ever gain it back. I could think of nothing more unappealing than taking a week off.

But Derek (my medical expert) said this to me:
"If you had to take time off to nurse your injuries, it would set you back more than taking a week of rest. You don't want all these minor injuries to build up and have to deal with them for the final two months. You know it would make me just as angry as you if you didn't meet your goals. "

The final part of that conversation was the most important. He said that it would make him just as angry as I would be if I didn't meet what I wanted to meet. It's one thing to have someone offer you advice all the time. It's another thing entirely to have someone completely invested with you and willing to put their emotions on the line with you. He was willing to feel just as miserable as I would if the goals aren't met.

Then he went on to say this:
"You've got to trust me."

Of course I should. He's the expert and knows way more than I ever will. But how many times do we not trust the expert and we feel like God doesn't care?

What I know for sure is that when we are happy, God shares in our joy; when we are sad, God shares in our sadness; when we are excited, God is excited with us. God cares very much. He's willing to share in our joy and our misery. He cares very much and we just have to trust Him, no matter what. If we do that, our results will be amazing.

"Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you." 1 Peter 5:7 (NLT)

Peace and much love homies.

No comments:

Post a Comment