Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Moroccan Chicken With Fall Vegetables

Today was another rest day, so I took some time to create a masterpiece in the chicken. I have a cookbook called "Weeknight Fresh and Fast" that I bought at a teacher's book fair about a year ago and there is a recipe in it called "Moroccan Chicken with Fall Vegetables" that I had been dying to try out. It looked fantastic. It's a full chicken with a spice rub surrounded by red onion, sweet potatoes, and cauliflower. It's a simple recipe, but to me it looked delicious. So today, I set out to compose this masterpiece.

I bought all the ingredients earlier this week, so I was covered there. I got my dad to help out by reading me the instructions so I wouldn't get raw chicken goop on everything while preparing. I put it all together and threw it in the oven. Once it was finished, I couldn't believe my eyes.

It was beautiful. (See picture below)



There was an issue though. See, it looked absolutely beautiful, but I had no clue how to carve it. Luckily for me, I have a younger brother who is a bit obsessed with the culinary arts who knew how to carve it for me. See, without cutting away the bones and the gross pieces that aren't edible, the chicken would be completely useless. Sure, it would be great to look at, but I wouldn't get any nutrition from it at all. I had to let him trim everything away so it would be usable.

Our lives are the same way. We might look awesome, have tons of friends, lots of money, a great job, a good family, whatever - we can look great on the outside but be completely useless. We have to allow God to go in and trim away all the gross pieces that aren't usable to Him at all. We've got to let God come in and take over so that we can be completely taken over by Him. When we do that, we'll be able to be used by Him. Just turn your life over to Him and let Him trim away everything that's gross. When you do, you'll look delicious and be usable too.

"The Lord doesn't see things they way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7 NLT)

"Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think." (Romans 12:2a NLT)

Till next time homies,
Peace and much love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment