Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pain Isn't Always Bad

I don't have much to say today except for that I'm in extreme pain. It's not isolated to one spot and it's not just some of the time. My entire body hurts. Today it became ever more apparent to me that it is going to be extremely easy for me to get very injured doing the things I do. I have ripped my forearms apart, I almost had 625 pounds fall on me, and I popped my wrist doing a shoulder lift today and had to pop it back into place so it wouldn't lock up on me. All of those things added to my pain. But it got me really thinking.

There is a major difference between pain and injury.

Pain can sometimes be an indication of positive growth while an injury is always negative. Pain is usually much more temporary than an injury is. Pain is typically of no fault to the one receiving the pain while an injury is usually due to something being performed improperly. There are more differences, but it's nearly 10:30pm, and I'm already late writing this post.

Here's what I know - the same is usually true of our spiritual "pain" and our spiritual "injuries".

God sometimes uses painful situations to help us grow, but if we choose to injure our relationship with Him through sin, the result is almost always negative (at least at first). God will allow pain in our lives for a time that He has chosen, while if we choose to injure our relationship with Him through sin, the habits can continue for our entire lives. God will sometimes place pain in our lives - through no fault of our own - in order to teach us something or draw us closer to Him, but when we choose an injury through sin, it is our actions, not His, that cause the pain.

Pain isn't always bad, but an injury can set you back a long way. Trust God. Know He is there even in the pain and that He loves you more than you can imagine through it all.

Workout:
Shrug: 225 pounds
Db step up: 70 pound dumbbells
Military press: 70 pound dumbbells
Leg press: 625 pounds
Leg curl: 165 pounds
Db shoulder front/side raises: 30 pound dumbbells
Elbows up shoulder raises (cables): 135 pounds
Barbell lunges: 95 pounds
Shoulder circles: 10 pound dumbbells
Single leg wall sit: 90 sec switch every 15 then double for 30 sec

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Love the Way You Lie Part 2 by Rihanna
2. Glory by Hollywood Undead
3. Even If by Kutless

Till next time,
Peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment