Thursday, October 25, 2012

Good Days, Bad Days

Super Pump Max works miracles. It's the pre workout I have chosen and it is absolutely fantastic. Today, it was especially fantastic. I took my two scoops and immediately, I felt it surge through my system. My veins swelled and I felt my energy level shoot through the roof. As soon as I hit the gym floor, I was on.

I was squatting and lunging and pushing and benching and crunching and jumping and going insane. RJ and John were making fun of me, but I didn't even care today. Nothing could bring me down. I was at the gym for close to three hours today, but I was feeling it and pushing hard the entire time. Today was a fantastic day.

But not every day is like today. RJ and I have talked several times about how there are some days we're just not feeling it. There are days when we go through the motions and just try to get it over with as fast as possible. Those aren't the best days. I usually lift a little less weight, move a little slower, and just don't really feel good. But, just like today, those days don't happen every day.

Here's what I learned from the gym today: some days are good days, some days are bad days, and some days there's nothing particularly good or bad. But people, when you have a bad day, remember the good days. Remember that bad days don't last forever.

Sure, you might have a streak of bad days. You might have a few days where you're angry or sad or disappointed - and that's okay. But what's not okay is to be angry or sad or disappointed forever. We all have good days, we all have bad days, we all have "normal" days. But none of those days lasts forever.

Cherish the good days. Remember them during the bad days. On normal days, thank God for peace. Just remember that a day is only 24 hours so good or bad or normal, make the most of it.

"This is the day the LORD has made.
We will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24 NLT)

Workout:
Squats 4x10 - 275
Split squats 4x10 - 55's
Barbell shoulder press 4x10 - 100
Bench press 4x10 - 175
DB lateral raises 4x10 - 25's
Plate chest press 4x20 - 90
Front raise 4x10 - 20's

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. In My Head by Mayday Parade
2. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift
3. There is Nothing Like by Hillsong United

Till next time homies,
Peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment