Monday, October 29, 2012

Forced to Exhaustion

**This post is dedicated to John Wells and all the help, support, and encouragement he has given me over the time we've known each-other. Thank you so much and good luck with everything. Everybody check out and "Like" John Wells' page on IMDB. The link is here: John Wells IMDB **

Today I got some terrible news. John Wells, a trainer who has taught me a TON and has contributed greatly to the Becoming Bane project had his last day at the gym as an employee today. He is off to pursue some exciting endeavors in the movie industry. (Again, check out his IMDB and "Like" it. The link is above.) But we made it a doozie today. We were going to flip over benches we didn't like and get in fights with people, but we resorted instead to just making fun of each-other and others who dared defy us.

Anyway, today John spotted me on the bench press and forced me to go to complete exhaustion. It was my fourth set and I had gotten 8 reps and there was no way I was going to complete the final two. John told me to push and get the final two no matter what. I pushed the 9th rep and he had to help lift it about halfway. I took a deep breath and lowered the bar for the 10th rep, knowing I would not be able to push it back up. I pushed with all my might and was unable to get it, but John pulled up slightly and was able to get the bar back on the rack. It didn't feel like I had done anything at all, but John told me that it was because I was ripping every last muscle fiber out of my chest and forcing it to total exhaustion. Because of that, I was indeed pushing, but it was the last little bit of force I had. I used it all. There was nothing left, and it drained me, but I will be stronger because of it.

That's what God asks of us. He tells us to give us our all. We should hold absolutely nothing back and push everything that we have to Him. If there's even just a little bit we don't give up, we will not be able to be as strong as He wants us to be. When we give Him everything, He is able to take over and guide us to be the people He wants us to be. He will push us. He will force us to absolute exhaustion, but in the end we will be stronger because of it.

Give Him all your heart.
Give Him all your soul.
Give Him all your mind.
Give Him all your strength.

Give Him everything. It's tough, but it's worth it. 


"Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength." (Mark 12:29-30 NLT)

Workout: 

Squats 4x10 - 290 pounds
Split squats 4x10 - 60 pound dumbbells
Barbell shoulder press 4x10 - 105 pounds
Bench press 4x10 - 180 pounds
One arm bench press 2x8 - Bar
DB lateral raises 4x10 - 25 pound dumbbells
Plate chest press 4x20 - 95 pounds
Front raise 4x10 - 20 pound dumbbells

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Over My Head (Cable Car) cover by A Day to Remember
2. I'd Hate to Be You When People Find Out What This Song is About by Mayday Parade
3. Glory by Hollywood Undead

Till next time my friends,
Peace and much love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment