Monday, October 8, 2012

Ice Bath

So today I took an ice bath. My entire upper body was sore and I just couldn't take it anymore. I went to a gas station, picked up a "Big Bag" of ice, and took it home. I put on some swimming trunks and filled up the tub with cold water. As I started to get in the (much too small) tub, I began to shake. I hadn't even added the ice yet, but my body was having a hard time acclimating to the temperature. I sunk down slowly and then sat for a few minutes, letting my core temperature begin to drop and get used to the cold water. Once that step was completed, I dumped the entire 22 pound bag of ice into the water with me and swirled it around to evenly disperse it throughout the entire tub. That was cold.

I felt like Jack from the Titanic. My body began to shiver and with every shiver, the water would redistribute and singe new parts of my skin. I was finally able to take some deep breaths and calm down. Once I remained completely still, the temperature soaked deep into my system and I was able to relax. Yes, it was terrible. I absolutely hate ice baths, but that's what I had to do in order to get rid of the pain I was experiencing. I can proudly say that my forearms are doing quite well and my upper body is no longer sore. It was an incredibly awkward and difficult experience to go through, but it took away my pain in the end.

In Matthew chapters 5 and 18, Jesus says that whatever causes you to sin, get rid of it. He even says that if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. This seems extremely uncomfortable.

Today, my ice bath was at times unbearable, but in the end, it was completely worth it and necessary for me to heal. Our spiritual lives are no different. At times, we have to be in difficult situations in order to get better. Are you willing to do whatever it takes to rid yourself of the pain sin will bring in your life? The truth is, it's worth it.

Workout:
Preacher curl: 90 pound preacher bar
Skull crusher: 100 pound preacher bar
Forearm barbell curl: Bar 10x5
Tricep push down: 125 pounds
Hammer curls: 60 pound dumbbells
Forearm Wrist curl: 30 pound dumbbell
Overhead triceps extension: 100 pound dumbbell
Reverse curls: 125 pounds
Forearm db twists: 25 pound dumbbell
Single arm cable curl: 65 pounds
Single arm tricep cable push down: 65 pounds
Tricep dips: 10//hold 30 seconds
Bungee biceps: Pump 20//hold 40

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Love the Way You Lie Part 2 by Rihanna
2. Even If by Kutless
3. This Song Saved My Life by Simple Plan

Till next time homies...
Peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment