Thursday, November 1, 2012

Don't Question My Methods

For some reason today, everyone was interested in what music I was listening to. Well, maybe I put it out there a little bit, but everyone made fun of me.

I told one of the trainers that I was listening to Justin Bieber and that his music is some of my favorite music to lift to. Immediately, he said, "How old are you again?" I told him that it didn't matter and that I'm a Belieber. He just made fun of me more and informed me that my music selection was not worthy of lifting to. He also informed me that he would not be spotting me on any exercise if, at the time of the exercise, I was listening to the Biebs.

Later on, a friend of mine, Nicky, asked me what music I was listening to. He said, "It seems like you get really into it." Now, at the time, I was listening to Chris Tomlin's new single, "Whom Shall I Fear". But I was quickly embarrassed because I knew he didn't mean "What song are you listening to right now?" He meant, "In general, what kind of music do you listen to?" I tried to cover. I was doing my best to not let him know that my workout playlist is riddled with Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber, but finally I cracked and told him. I confessed that my playlist might not be the most hardcore of any workout playlist.

As soon as I told him, he looked at me and said, "You've got to be kidding." I just shook my head. I wasn't kidding. I know it's not conventional, but it's what gets me hyped. Songs like "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together", "Somebody to Love", "Mean", and "Believe" get me really pumped up for lifting. It might not make sense, and people, go ahead and make fun of me. But it's what works for me.

Isn't this how our worship of God is? So many people judge so many other people for how they worship Him. Don't get me wrong here. Read all of what I'm writing before you judge me. I'm probably not saying what you think I'm saying.

Church is really important. I am not saying that you can leave the church. Reading the Bible is important. I am not saying to stop doing that. Prayer is important. I am not saying quit talking to God. All of those things are vital. What I'm talking about is the other stuff. The lifestyles. How much do we judge other people for the way they worship God on a daily basis?

How many times do we judge the person who reaches out to the ones who are not Christians? How many times do we say someone is "crazy" for devoting their life to be a missionary? Do we tell people their morals and standards are too high and unreasonable? There's the writer who journals every day and keeps their words private because they want it to be between just them and God - how do we respond to them? What about the runner who says they experience God so much just by running through the woods or the singer who belts it out at the top of their lungs in the car ride? If someone dances their heart out for God, is that wrong? How much do we judge other people for what draws them closer to God?

Everyone is different. God made us that way and He loves us that way. There are no two people who worship God in exactly the same way. We can't judge other people for the way they worship. Clearly in the Bible there are so many different ways people worship God. We cannot judge that. Remember that the way you worship Him is not the only way and though it may be the best way for you, it doesn't mean it's the best way for everyone. It doesn't matter how you do it, but worship Him with everything. No matter what you do, do it for Him.

"So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?” Jesus replied, “Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on this mountain or in Jerusalem." (John 4:20-21 NLT). 

"And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father." (Colossians 3:17 NLT)

Workout:

Squats 4x10 - 275 pounds Super set with chest flies 4x10 - 60 pound dumbbells
Split squats 4x10 - 50 pound dumbbells
Barbell shoulder press 4x10 - 100 pounds
Bench press 4x10 - 175 pounds
DB lateral raises 4x10 - 25 pound dumbbells
Plate chest press 4x20 - 90 pounds
Front raise 4x10 - 20 pound dumbbells
Triceps push down 4x10 - 155 pounds

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Whom Shall I Fear by Chris Tomlin
2. King of Wishful Thinking by New Found Glory
3. Glory by Hollywood Undead

Till tomorrow party people,
Peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment