Friday, November 2, 2012

You Talk Too Much

Today at the gym again took forever. Last week, I told you it took a long time because I was feeling good and just kept extending my workout. That was not the case today.

I was talking with everyone at the gym today. There were trainers and RJ and Brian and some high school students (Colt, Griffin, and Justin). There were people who I'd never met before, people I see at the gym a lot, and people who just wanted to talk. But it seemed like every time I was about to get started, I just kept talking. I would lift a little bit, then talk a LOT. Then lift a little bit, then talk a LOT. Now, usually that would annoy me, but today it was a great little break. I try my best to stay focused, but today I just needed time to chill and talk.

Our lives a lot of times cause us to be the same way. Sometimes we feel like we've just been working too much and it's time to relax. And I agree! A lot of times, we do need to relax. I've even talked about that before in this very blog. However, when it comes to our spiritual lives, we need to stay focused. There are so many things that will try to distract us or slow us down, but we can't let that happen. We've got to stay focused on God. When we keep looking to Him, everything else will just fall into place. Don't get distracted and don't slow down. Stay focused and keep moving forward.

“But put God’s kingdom first. Do what he wants you to do. Then all of those things will also be given to you." (Matthew 6:33 NIRV)

Workout:

Dead lift - 210 pounds Super set with hammer curls 3x8 - 50 pound dumbbells
Stiff leg dead lift - 175 pounds
Power shrugs - 125 pounds
DB rows (each arm) - 70 pound dumbbell
Lat pull down - 110 pounds
Reverse flys - 15 pound dumbbells
Dumbbell curls - 45 pound dumbbells
Resistance band curls - 20 sec x3

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Whom Shall I Fear by Chris Tomlin
2. King of Wishful Thinking by New Found Glory
3. One Thing Remains by Kristian Stanfill

Till next time...
Peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment