Saturday, November 24, 2012

Comatose

I got to go to boot camp this morning and even took along a friend of mine, Daniel, who was home from college. It was (as always) a great workout. Afterwards, Daniel and I went to Qdoba because it is, of course, the best post-workout food anyone could ever hope for. Up to that point it was a pretty typical Saturday. But when I got home, something strange happened.

As soon as I walked through the door of my house, a sense of overwhelming tiredness came over me. It all just hit me at once, but I had no choice but to surrender to my body and lay down and sleep. As soon as my body hit the bed, I feel into a coma-like state. It didn't make much sense to me because I slept really well last night and I haven't been missing much sleep this week. It was completely unexpected, but I couldn't fight it. I slept for two hours and woke up still pretty tired, but decided that if I slept any more, I wouldn't be able to get to sleep tonight.

There aren't many times that has happened to me. Usually I can feel that sense of the fatigue coming on slowly and I have time to shake it off, but not today. There aren't many things like that in my life, but I do know one thing that will be like that in the future.

Jesus is going to come back and He promises that when He does, it will be like a "thief in the night". It will be completely unexpected. The Bible also says that one day "every knee will bow" and "every tongue will confess" that Jesus is Lord. When He's back and the whole world sees Him, there's nothing we will be able to do about it. It will hit us and we will have no choice but to fall to our knees and worship Him.

Now here's the thing though, some of us will worship Him by choice. Those of us who are believers will gladly fall to our knees and worship with everything we have. But even those who are not believers won't be able to resist. They will fall down with everyone else and worship - knowing they have been wrong their entire lives. And at that point, for those who aren't believers, it will be too late. For believers, it will be a fantastic day. For those who don't believe, it will be a day of great revelation and judgement. Either way, we won't be able to fight it.

I hope that you won't want to fight the feeling. I hope you'll gladly fall down and worship with everything you have.

"Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor
    and gave him the name above all other names,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:9-11 NLT)

"For you know quite well that the day of the Lord’s return will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night." (1 Thessalonians 5:2 NLT)

Workout:
Boot Camp

Till next time homies, 
Peace and much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment