Thursday, November 15, 2012

I Got Yo Back

Today at the gym was weird. It always throws off my "mojo" to not have the same routine going and today none of my normal workout people were there. I had to go early in the day, so I was unable to meet up with the people I usually see. And it was just weird. I guess that's the only way to put it.

I kept thinking through all these terrible scenarios of things that could happen where I would need someone to have my back and no one would come to the rescue. What if I dropped a weight on myself? What if someone wanted to fight me and I knew I would lose? If I fell down, would anybody pick me up? All those thoughts kept spinning through my mind.

All I know is that it's way better in life to have people around who have your back. Going around alone is dangerous and sad. Don't isolate yourself. Reach out to people and be their friend! It's good for you and it's good for them.

The devil's main tactics are to make us feel afraid and alone. Being scared is a great tool he uses to keep us from God's purposes. And being alone kills our souls. A very wise man named Richard once told me this great thought: "When God was walking around in the garden with Adam, God looked around and said, 'It is not good for man to be alone.' See, Adam wasn't alone. Adam was with God, but God knew (because He designed us) that we needed other people as well as Him."

That's an amazing thought, isn't it? Adam was literally walking around the garden of Eden with God, but God said that Adam was alone. Why? Because we need other people.

Don't let Satan make you feel afraid. And definitely don't let him make you feel alone. Surround yourself with good people. That way, when you fall down, make sure there's someone who's got yo back.

I hope you know there's someone out there who cares about you. 


"Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken." (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 NLT)

"Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.” (Genesis 2:18 NLT)

Workout:
All exercises 5x10 unless otherwise noted
Box squats - 185 pounds superset with lateral raises - 20 pound dumbbells
Barbell shoulder press - 100 pounds
Barbell step ups - 95 pounds
Bench press - 155 pounds
Alternating front raises - 20 pound dumbbells Super set with dumbbell alternating chest press - 60 pound dumbbells
Chest flys - 60 pound dumbbells

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Grenade cover by Memphis May Fire
2. Boyfriend cover by Issues
3. If It Means A Lot To You by A Day To Remember

Look around you. See the people who care. Feel the peace. Feel the love.
Till next time, peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment