Sunday, November 25, 2012

Poppin' Pills

My students and friends all think I'm crazy. A few days ago you may have read about my diet. I explained that I eat around 5,000 calories in a day - every day. The problem is I can't just eat a cake to get my calories. I have to eat good calories for all 5,000. Eating 5,000 normal calories is difficult, but eating 5,000 good calories is something nearly impossible. It just takes so much chewing. I don't even like eating food anymore. Eating brings me nearly no pleasure at all now because I'm constantly doing it. That's when I got a fantastic idea.

What if I had a pill that would just give me all the calories I needed in a day? It would be amazing for me! I could save so much time and energy from eating to just take a simple pill. However, not everyone agrees it's a good idea. For the people I've talked to, most say, "Are you crazy? I love food!" But to me, it's something different. I only eat to get nutrients and energy. I don't eat for pleasure at all. I simply eat to get useful calories in my body so I can achieve my goals. The quick fix of a pill would be incredible. Unfortunately, there's no pill that can do that for me. Or if there is, I don't know about it because it's far too expensive for me. But wouldn't it be great if there was a pill for everything?

I think a lot of times we wish the same for our spiritual lives. We feel like there should just be a pill or a single verse we can memorize and then we'll be everything we need to be. We wish that there would be an overnight transformation and we wouldn't face anything difficult ever again. We also think we won't face any more temptation and we will be perfect from that moment on. But that's just not the case

Becoming more like Christ is a process. And it's a process that takes a lifetime. Every single moment, we need to be learning and growing closer to God so we can become more and more the people He wants us to be. It won't happen overnight and there's no pill we can take to make it happen. If there's ever a time we feel we've grown as much as we can grow and we're "good", that's usually the time we are least full of God and most full of ourselves.

Never stop growing and don't expect a quick fix to become holy. Constantly let God work on you and continue to develop you for a lifetime.

"I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us." (Philippians 3:12b-14 NLT)



Workout:
4x6 Superset
Chinup - 30 pounds
Close grip bench press - 160 pounds

Forearm rope climb - 25 pounds

3x8 Superset
Dumbbell triceps extension - 100 pound dumbbell
Preacher curl - 70 pound bar

Dumbbell forearm twists - 20 pound dumbbells x 25 reps

Superset
5x5 - Dumbbells curls - 60 pound dumbbells
5x8 - Tricep dips - 75 pounds

Dumbbell wrist curls
15 pound dumbbells x 10 overhand
15 pound dumbbells x 10 underhand

2x12 Superset
Skull crusher - 90 pound bar
Single arm cable curl - 50 pounds

Barbell wrist curls - Bar x 25 reps

Superset
5x5 - Hammer curls - 50 pound dumbbells
15x5 - Military push-ups

Superset
21's - 50 pound bar x 1 set of 21's
Tricep cable push down - 155 pounds x 20 reps

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Ships in the Night by Mat Kearney
2. Always by Kristian Stanfill
3. 10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman (This is another song you'd think I'm crazy for getting psyched up with.)

Till next time friends,
Peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment