Sunday, November 4, 2012

300

Today I got to go to the gym with an old friend of mine, Austin. He knew me back in the days of my plumpness. Back in the day, I asked him for advice on how to lose weight and gain muscle and do different things. Today, the tables were turned. Well, kind of.

Austin led us both in the "300 Workout". For those of you who don't know, this is apparently the same workout the actors from the movie 300 did. It was tough and all about exerting yourself to your physical limit. There were so many moves and so many reps all together. See, if I had tried this workout 2 years ago, there is a good chance I literally would have died. Not joking, not being funny, I literally would have had serious risk of dying.

Today was very different. I actually had a seriously proud moment. There was a point where I did several pull-ups in a row (flawlessly and gracefully if I do say so myself) and Austin looked at me and said, "Ah, muscles now, huh?" I can't tell you how proud it made me. I feel like I have seen the difference these workouts have made for me, but it's really cool that someone else noticed. I've been growing and getting stronger, and it was really cool that someone else saw that too. Someone who has seen the total transformation from the beginning till now.

That's how our spiritual lives should be. We should be growing and transforming to the point that other people notice and talk to us about the changes that have taken place. Those who knew us before we accepted Christ and continue to know us after we accept Him should see a vast difference in our lives. They should see that we live differently. It's not enough to just say that we believe something. We have to live in a way that represents it and in a way that makes the world understand that we are different because of the hope and love we have experienced through Jesus Christ.

Be different. Live holy.

"“You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father." (Matthew 5:14-16 NLT)

Workout:
300 Workout
TRX Bands for back, chest, and abs

Till next time homies,
Peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment