Thursday, November 8, 2012

Better Safe Than Sorry

I am more tired today than I have been on any other day of the Bane program. As a matter of fact, when pondering what to eat for dinner tonight, I almost didn't eat because I couldn't bare the thought of having to cook something while I'm this tired. (Luckily for me, I have an awesome mom who saw my distress and cooked me some chicken quesadillas.) But my exhaustion didn't just happen tonight. It's been going pretty much all day.

This morning, I went to a Pilates class. It was insane. For those of you who don't know (I didn't until this past Saturday), Pilates is a type of exercising which strengthens the core. The class I took this morning was an hour long. An hour of basically all ab exercises. Then, I went to cycling for thirty minutes. After that, I did my (two hour) strength workout. Needless to say, I've been exhausted since we did our first crunch in Pilates.

Because of that though, I had to play it safe during my strength workout. I had completed my squats, lateral raises, and shoulder press and it was time for the barbell step-ups. If you read Tuesday's post, you heard a little story about how I nearly fainted during the barbell step-ups and that was on a completely rested day. Today, I was just too exhausted. I didn't want to put myself in a situation where I was in extreme danger. I felt that if I did the barbell step-ups, there would be a good chance of injury. So I did what I had to do...I skipped them.

To me, it's much more important to not get injured than it is to show off all the weight that I was able to lift and all the hard exercises I was able to complete. If I ever do suffer an injury, I don't want it to be because I made a stupid decision. Doing the step-ups would have been a stupid decision today, so I chose to not put myself in that situation.

That's how we should be with sin. Not only should we avoid the actual sin, but we should avoid any situation that may lead to sin. We pretend a lot of times like sin just blindsided us and we had no idea it was coming on. If we're really honest with ourselves, we know it's not true. We know the places, people, and things we need to avoid to keep ourselves pure. That's what we need to do.

We need to quit putting ourselves in situations where we know we'll be injured by sin. It's not worth the injury.

"Stay away from every kind of evil." (1 Thessalonians 5:22 NLT)

Workout:
Box squats - 185 pounds superset with lateral raises - 20 pound dumbbells
Barbell shoulder press - 100 pounds
Barbell step ups - SKIPPED
Bench press - 165 pounds
Alternating front raises - 20 pound dumbbells superset with chest flys - 55 pound dumbbells
Db alternating chest press - 45 pound dumbbells
Medicine ball squat/chest pass (4x30 seconds)

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Give Me Faith by Elevation Worship
2. Cough Syrup by Young The Giant (Recommended to me by Wes Wegert - definitely an amazing song.)
3. Endless Hallelujah by Matt Redman (If you listen to this song, you will never believe that it psyched me out to workout to.)

Till next time homies...
Peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment