Monday, November 19, 2012

Gettin Weird

RJ dared me to wear a wrestling singlet at the gym today. Needless to say, I did it. I was very apprehensive, but I went for it. I was unable to leave it on the entire workout because some of the exercises were inhibited by the tightness of the singlet, but I did wear it while bench pressing. It was hard for me to even look in the mirror at myself because of how ridiculous I looked. When I walked down to the weight room, people were staring and definitely judging me. I didn't really care though. It was funny to me. I was just trying to have a funny moment at the gym and it definitely worked.

(Here's a picture of me wearing the singlet in the locker room.)

In the Bible, King David got a little crazy one time as well. He ripped all his clothes off and danced in his underwear. He even said that he would get even crazier than that. He didn't care if it was hard for him to even look at himself because He knew He was doing it all for a worthy purpose. Sometimes, God will overwhelm us so much with His greatness that we can't help but get a little crazy. People might think we look weird, but when we really feel God's presence, there's no other reaction than to get crazy and everyone will see it. 

Feel God all around you. Go crazy.

"Wearing a linen ephod, David was dancing before the Lord with all his might...[David said,]'I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes.'" (2 Samuel 6:14;22a NIV)

Workout:

Bench press (205 pounds) 4 sets of 5 reps regular; one set of 5 negatives
Incline bench press (175 pounds) 4 sets of 5 reps
Decline bench press (185 pounds) 4 sets of 6 reps
Weighted chest dips (80 pound dumbbell) superset with pull ups 3 sets of 8 reps
Wide grip bent over rows (115 pounds) superset with seated rows (125 pounds) 3 sets of 10 reps
Back extensions 1 set of 30 reps

I NEED NEW WORKOUT MUSIC!!! POST IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS!!! 
YOU WILL GET MENTIONED IN THE BLOG IF ONE OF YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS MAKES THE LIST OF "BEST SONGS OF THE WORKOUT"

Till next time,
Get crazy party people.
Peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment