Friday, November 23, 2012

Get Rich Quick!

I went to eat at a Chinese buffet today with an old buddy of mine, Michael. We were actually going to go to Qdoba, but a strange series of events led us to the Chinese restaurant. We ate our fill and sat with regret hanging over our heads as we evaluated how much we actually consumed. The bill came and sitting on top of it were two small wrapped cookies.

I told Michael to choose which cookie he wanted. He contemplated the choice for a minute and grabbed one of the two fortunes. I took the remaining cookie and opened it. We both read our fortunes silently and then looked at each-other. I told my favorite fortune cookie joke (taught to me by my friends, the Crowe family) and said, "Mine's a handwritten fortune. It says, 'Help! I've been kidnapped and they locked me in a fortune cookie making factory!'" We both had a good chuckle and then I told Michael what my fortune said. His was something about people enjoying his company, but mine was actually kind of cool.

My fortune read, "You will enjoy good health; that is your form of wealth.".

That got me thinking. Mitch has been reminding me a lot to be thankful for what I do have and not to focus on the things I wish I had. It really made me understand that being healthy really is a great gift to be thankful for. I may not have the most money or fame or power, but I have a lot to be thankful for. How great a reminder it is to just be thankful that I'm healthy now. I used to be unbelievably unhealthy, but now I can be truly thankful because that has turned around in my life.

(A picture of my fortune.)

What is the gift God has given you? What are you rich with? For me, it's my health and my ability to lead and teach. Without God, I would not have any of those things - or so many other things! God has so richly blessed me with those things, and I need to make sure that I appreciate the richness He has given me.

Just remember that everyone is rich with something. God has given everyone some thing to be great at. What is it for you? Remember that it's from him and understand that God's gifts are great forms of wealth - more than any money could buy.

"God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another." (1 Peter 4:10 NLT)

Workout:

Clean pulls - 160 pounds
SLDL - 160 pounds superset with close grip pull down - 105 pounds
Power shrugs - 140 pounds
Dumbbell shrugs - 100 pound dumbbells
One arm seated rows(overhand) - 50 pounds superset with reverse flys - 15 pound dumbbells
One arm seated rows (underhand) - 50 pounds

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Ships in the Night by Mat Kearney
2. The Proof of Your Love by For King & Country
3. We Come Running by Youngblood Hawke

Till next time,
Peace and much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment