Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Doubt

Today I learned that no matter how much evidence you show someone of the truth, some will still choose to not believe it.

If you're new to the blog, I'll explain my goal to you. About 7 weeks ago, I challenged myself to gain around 20 pounds by January 1st in an effort to look more like "Bane" from the latest Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Rises". I have made huge strides toward the goal. In the first month, I gained nearly 10 pounds of muscle and a combined gain of about six inches from the measurement of my muscles.

But today, even after all that, there was someone who is still doubting. They approached me and asked how the program was going. I told them everything I was doing, and still they said, "I think you're doing it wrong." I have an amazing team of some of the best people in this field in the nation. They know what they're doing and have proven it over and over. The results prove they know what they're doing. How can anyone still doubt?

But that's what we do, isn't it? Hasn't God proven Himself over and over? Hasn't He shown He knows what's best and He won't ever fail us? Yet when those tough times come, we doubt. We don't believe the results we've already seen and lived out. It should not be this way!

In the tough times, remember that God has never and will never leave you. He is right there. You can always hold on to the promises that He gives us that He loves us and never wants us to hurt. We can know that He holds us and is big enough to take care of anything we're going through.

God loves you more than you love yourself. Give your life to Him and know it's in good hands.

"Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”
“Yes, come,” Jesus said.

So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. “Save me, Lord!” he shouted.
Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. “You have so little faith,” Jesus said. “Why did you doubt me?”
When they climbed back into the boat, the wind stopped." (Matthew 14:28-32 NLT)

Workout:
4x12 for every exercise
Clean pulls - 135 pounds
SLDL - 135 pounds superset with close grip pull down - 100 pounds
Power shrugs - 120 pounds
Barbell shrugs - 180 pounds
One arm seated rows(overhand) - 40 pounds superset with reverse flys - 15 pounds
One arm seated rows (underhand) - 40 pounds

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Keep Your Eyes Open by Needtobreathe
2. King of Wishful Thinking by New Found Glory
3. When We Stand Together by Nickelback

Till next time homies, keep the faith...
Peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment