Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Today was maybe the best Thanksgiving of my entire life. I have so much to be thankful for today. I got in a great workout, I got to spend time with some great friends, and I was reminded throughout the day of people who care for me. Thanks to everyone who made this day really special for me. 

I was reminded today of some good things that are most important to me. 

1. My relationship with God. It has gotten me through so much and continues to blow me away in so many ways. 

2. My friends. I don't have a ton of friends. Now, I realize that I have plenty of people who care and I know that there are many people who would call me their friend, but as far as people who I actually talk to on a regular basis, I don't have many. Two friends I am extremely thankful for are my friends Mitch and RJ. Without those guys, there is no way I would be "okay". There is no way for me to say how thankful I am for them and how much they really do mean to me. 

I also want to give a huge "Thank You" to the Vance family - Catherine and Angela in particular - who invited me over to their Thanksgiving dinner tonight. It was delicious and I had a blast. It was just a lot of fun to be around good people and eat great food!

3. My students. These middle and high school students at my church are amazing. They are just the coolest students I've ever had the opportunity to work with. There are some middle/high schoolers who are fun to be around, but those kids aren't usually well-behaved. Then there are others who are well-behaved but not much fun to be around. My students are the perfect blend of both. They're just amazing and I'm so proud of and thankful for them. 

I hope that you were also able to find things to be thankful for today. Of course my list is longer than three things, but those things kept reoccurring to me throughout the entire day. 

Remember that every good and perfect thing comes down to us from God. He loves us, cares for us, and wants to make sure we know we are blessed. No matter what your situation, remember you are blessed. If you're able to read this blog, that means you are alive and that in itself is a blessing.

Be thankful. Not just today, but every day. 

"Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens." (James 1:17 NLT)

Workout:

All exercises 5x10
Squats - 300 pounds superset with lateral raises - 25 pound dumbbells
Barbell shoulder press - 120 pounds superset with Db alternating chest press - 60 pound dumbbells
Barbell walking lunges - 100
Alternating front raises - 25 pound dumbbells superset with chest flys - 65 pound dumbbells

Best Songs of the Workout:
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SUGGESTED SOME NEW SONGS FOR ME!!! KEEP LETTING ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS!!!
1. We Come Running by Youngblood Hawke (Recommended by Nick Burczyk. GREAT song and band.)
2. Be Your Everything by Boys Like Girls (Recommended by Heidi Molinari. Thanks so much for this recommendation!!! It got me psyched!)
3. Eye of the Tiger by Survivor (Recommended by an anonymous blog commenter. I had listened to it before and wasn't a big fan, but it worked for me today!)

Happy Thanksgiving!
Peace and much love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment