Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pay It Forward

Today at the gym I saw some middle school students working out. They were trying their hardest to make sure everything was going well, and they were doing a decent job keeping each-other safe, but some of it just didn't look good. There were times when I wanted to jump in and stop what they were doing because it just looked sloppy. I'm not trying to insult them or make fun of them whatsoever. I was just very concerned for them. 

I would pause my lifting while they were doing theirs. Then, while they were resting, I would do my lifts. That way, if anything were to happen, I would be available and could step in if necessary. Now, I'm not saying I'm some expert or anything like that, but I don't like feeling that I could have helped someone and didn't. And while I may not be an expert, I would say I know more about working out than a middle school student does. I wanna be available to step in if at all possible because I don't want anyone to get hurt. If you've read many of the posts, you know I've had a few close calls myself, and if not for the kindness and swiftness of some of my fellow "gym rats", I would not be okay today. So, my way of paying it forward is to pause for a little bit and make sure these kids are okay.

Our Christian lives are the same way. We should be available to help those who aren't as developed as we are spiritually and make sure they don't get hurt. Sometimes, that might mean we have to put aside some of our own plans in order to be available to step in and make sure everything goes alright. It may mean that we don't get to do every single thing we want, but it's worth it. 

What are you willing to give up so others can grow?

"My heart is filled with bitter sorrow and unending grief for my people, my Jewish brothers and sisters. I would be willing to be forever cursed—cut off from Christ!—if that would save them." (Romans 9:2-3 NLT)

I know I've used this passage before, but it's an important one. Believers need to support each-other!
"Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken." (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 NLT)

Workout: ARMS
Superset 4x6
Chin-up with 25 pounds chained on/Close grip bench press 155 pounds

Forearm rope lift - 25 pounds

Superset
Spider curls 70 pounds (5x5)/military push-ups 15x5

Barbell wrist curls - Bar x 25

Superset 3x8
Dumbbell triceps extension 100 pound dumbbell/preacher curl 60 pounds

Dumbbell forearm twists - 20 pound dumbbells x 25

Superset
Dumbbells curls 55 pound dumbbells (5x5)/tricep dips with 75 pounds chained on (5x8)

Dumbbell wrist curls
15 pound dumbbells x 10 overhand
15 pound dumbbells x 10 underhand

Superset 2x12
Cable incline bench triceps extension 75 pounds/single arm cable curl 45 pounds

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Over My Head cover by A Day To Remember
2. Mighty Wave by Sarah Reeves
3. Middle of Your Heart by For King & Country

Till next time part people,
Peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment