Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Upside Down

Today was one of the coolest days at the gym that I can remember. I had an incredible workout and then was going to do my ab workout when I saw some of my friends who also wanted to work their abs. After some debate, we decided to try out an exercise that my friend, John Wells, showed me. (For more on John, check out and "Like" his imdb page by clicking here)

As we were doing the exercise, John actually walked into the gym and told me he had a new move for us to try out. Basically, while holding yourself from a TRX band, you do a slow motion back flip and hold yourself when you get face down. Then, you slowly raise yourself back up and then to the seated position as in the other exercise. John showed me and my friends Colt and Griffin how to do it and I think we'd all be lying if we said we weren't intimidated. But John looked at me and he said, "Stu, I believe in you."

As I began the exercise, I was very afraid that I was going to flip all the way around, drop from the TRX, and bust my face open. But as soon as I flipped all the way around, John walked up next to me and said, "Don't worry, I won't let you fall." This gave me the courage to keep going. It took me a few tries, but I was eventually able to make the full flip, hold, and lower motion.

It was such a cool move. Everyone in the gym was staring and many even started clapping after I finished the full rotation. There's no way I would have been able to do it without John telling me he knew I could and also him stepping in to let me know I wasn't going to fall.

(This is a picture of me (left), Colt (middle), and Griffin (right) 
hanging upside down during the new move John taught us today.)

In our lives, we will face many difficult times. Many of you have told me recently about things that are going on in your lives that are just tough. Lost jobs, dealing with sin, money issues, family issues, health issues, friendship issues, school issues, or any combination of the above. But the amazing thing is that God is standing right next to us, cheering us on.

He doesn't promise He won't let us fall, but He does promise to pick us back up if we do. And He doesn't look at us and say, "I believe in you", He looks at us and says, "Believe in Me and I promise it's all going to be alright." That doesn't mean we won't face hard times and it doesn't mean everything is going to be "peachy" after we become a Christian. What it does mean is that God is right there with us no matter what. Sure, it might take us a few tries to get it right, but He's standing right there, cheering us on, and letting us know that with Him at our side, there's not ever a time where we'll face anything alone.

Just remember that in the tough times, God is your "spotter". He's right there with you cheering you on.

"But Job replied, “You talk like a foolish woman. Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?” So in all this, Job said nothing wrong." (Job 2:10 NLT)

"Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33b NLT)

PRODUCT REVIEW
My friends at Gaspari Nutrition (the company that makes Super Pump Max) have sent me some products to try out and write about in the blog. Today was my first day using all of the products. I used Super Pump Max as a preworkout, Aminolast during my workout, and Myofusion protein after my workout. While I can't yet comment on the usefulness of the Myofusion since it has only been one day, I can say definitively that all the products tasted fantastic and the Super Pump Max and Aminolast helped me keep my composure during my workout. The fatigue levels I usually experience were greatly diminished and I feel as though I was energized for my entire workout rather than the normal plateau and downhill feeling of most of my workouts. Today was just day one, so I will continue to keep you updated on how these products are working, but it looks to me that they will be a great addition to my routine. 

Workout:

Leg Press - 630 pounds 4x12
Calf Raises - 360 pounds 4x12
Seated leg curl - 145 pounds 4x8
Seated leg extension - 175 pounds 4x8
Shoulder plate alphabet - 35 pound plate
Alternating dumbbell shoulder press. - 45 pound dumbbells 4x12
Preacher bar shoulder raises - 90 pound preacher bar 5x10
Plate overhead lunges - 45 pound plate x 20 lunges

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. We Found Love cover by Forever the Sickest Kids
2. The Proof Of Your Love (monologue mix) by For King & Country
3. We Come Running by Youngblood Hawke

Till next time homies,
Peace and much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment