Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Good Lord! That's As Big As A Pizza!

If you've kept up with the blog, you know that in two months, I've gained 14 pounds of muscle. In order to do that, I have to eat a LOT of food. Each day, I eat around 5,000 calories. The difficult part though is that those calories can't just be cake or pizza. They have to be good calories. Eating 5,000 calories in a day is a feat, but eating 5,000 good calories in a day is nearly impossible. To give you an idea, let me tell you what a "Bane Breakfast" consists of.

"Bane Breakfast"
- 5 eggs
- 3 pieces of turkey sausage
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup red, orange, yellow peppers, mushrooms, and onions
- 3 pieces of whole wheat toast or 2 whole wheat tortillas
- Banana
- 10oz. fruit smoothie with blueberries, banana, oranges, and strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 12oz. of 1% chocolate milk

For those of you who don't wanna do the math, that's around 1,000-1,500 calories just for breakfast. There are adults who only eat around 1,500 calories in a day. The average human should eat around 2,000 calories a day. Just including breakfast, I eat almost the same amount a "normal" person should eat in an entire day. Eating that much is really tough for me.See, it's not that I ever really feel "full", it's the fact that I get this mental block of thinking about how much food it is and how disgusting it is that I have to eat this much food in a day.

Tonight for part of my dinner, I had a 16oz. (1 pound) deer burger. After I put it all together and cooked it, my mom looked at it and said, "Good Lord! That's as big as a pizza!"Eating that much meat is disgusting. Again, I didn't feel "full", I just couldn't get over the mental aspect of eating an entire pound of meat. As I was getting to the end, the mental block kept growing and growing. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to finish it, but I did in the end. It was tough, and I had to just keep pushing, but I ate all of it.

(This is a picture of the deer burger from tonight.)

What's amazing is that we face so many things in our lives. There are so many times where we think we're going up against too much and there's no way we'll ever make it through. Sins we struggle with may seem unbelievably difficult but luckily for us, God has a promise for these times and situations. He promises us that no matter what we face, it will never be too much for us.

He doesn't promise He won't push us to our limits. He doesn't promise it won't be difficult. What He does promise is that there will never be a time when we face so much there's no way for us to get through it. When God makes a promise, He keeps it. So no matter what you're facing, no matter how big the mental block is, just keep pushing through. Rely on God and let Him show you the way through whatever it is you're going through.

He'll come through for you. Every. Single. Time. 

"The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure." (1 Corinthians 10:13 NLT)

Workout:

Leg Press - 630 pounds 4x12
Calf Raises - 270 pounds 4x12
Seated leg curl - 145 pounds 4x8
Seated leg extension - 150 pounds 4x8
Shoulder plate alphabet - 35 pound plate
Alternating dumbbell shoulder press. - 35 pound dumbbells 4x10
Preacher bar shoulder raises - 90 pound preacher bar 5x10

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding (Recommended to me by the one and only Maxwell Wilder. It is an absolutely fantastic song to get psyched to. Check it out!)
2. Over My Head cover by A Day to Remember
3. Middle of Your Heart by For King & Country

Till next time homies,
Peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment