Saturday, November 3, 2012

Do I Have to Choose?

The trainers at the Y are amazing. All of them. It has been so cool for me over the past two years to get closer to them and learn everything I have from them. I was reminded of that this morning when a different trainer, Denise, taught the boot camp class.

She did a fantastic job. Sure, it was different and we did miss Kathy this morning, but Denise did a great job. Other members of the class and I talked afterwards and decided that we couldn't really say that we like one more than the other. They were different and both equally great for us.

Kathy is also amazing. She does a great job keeping us in line and pushing us to our physical limits. We have to do (at least) 100 push ups, run around 2 miles, do burpees and basically feel like our shoulders are going to explode every week. It's a great and fun workout.

Then there are all the other instructors. Jill has by far the best music and she is so much fun to be led by. There's another Denise who teaches cycling and pushes everyone beyond what I think is even humanly possible. There's John (until he abandoned us :( sad face) and John and Toni and Marsha and Kristen who work to push me and keep me safe in the weight room. And all the staff at the front desk are amazing as well. Especially Heidi. She is an absolutely fantastic lady who makes me feel so important and great every time I walk into the gym. I know tons of other people who feel that way about her too.

Basically, what I'm saying is that all the staff I know at my gym are amazing and it's tough for me to pick just one who I would say is above all the rest.

A lot of times, people try to tell us we don't have to choose. They say to try a little of everything or that whatever you choose is okay. And in some cases, that's true. However, when it comes to your spiritual life, that doesn't work. There is no way to dabble around in your life with Jesus. There's no way to say that sometimes you are going to follow Him and other times you will choose someone else to follow. That can be another religion or it can be just something of the world, but what you need to know is that Jesus is the only way. You can't choose Him sometimes and someone or something else at other times. He wants you all the time. As a matter of fact, He demands it.

See, all those trainers are great at what they do. All the staff at the gym are amazing and I can't choose just one to get help from. Jesus is not that way. He is the only one who can get you to Heaven. He is the only one who can make you right with God. He is the only way. He is the only truth. He is the only life. There is none besides Him. Just remember, the truth is true whether you believe it or not. Jesus is it. And if you don't believe in Him, that doesn't make Him any less true.

Choose wisely. Choose Him.

"Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." (John 14:6 NLT)

Workout:
Boot Camp

Till next time homies,
Peace and much love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment