Saturday, November 17, 2012

Explanation: The Tattoo On My Wrist

Today at the gym, a guy walked up to me and said, "I saw you teaching someone else a workout on Sunday. It looked insane!" We talked for a few more minutes and he said, "So you're one of the trainers here, right?" I started to laugh and informed him that I was just another gym-goer like himself, but it made me feel awesome. Just a few years ago, I would have died doing the workout I was teaching on Sunday. There's no way anyone would have thought I was a trainer. As a matter of fact, there's no way anyone would have thought I had ever seen a gym, but the change is there now - and I never wanna go back.

Our Christian lives should be the same way. When a caterpillar turns into a butterfly, that butterfly does not want to turn back into a caterpillar. As Christians, we should change into who God wants us to be and not turn back. We should never want to be our "old selves" again.

I have a tattoo on my wrist which reminds me of that very concept. It's a reminder to never give up on anyone and never give up on myself. It's a reminder that wherever I go and whatever I do, I need to live how God wants me to. It's a reminder to be a butterfly and to never go back to being a caterpillar.

(Here's a picture of the tattoo on my wrist. The verse is 2 Corinthians 5:17. That verse is below.)

Live the life and don't turn back. Be a butterfly and never crawl around as a caterpillar ever again.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." (2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV)

Workout:
Boot Camp

Till next time my beautiful butterflies,
Peace and much love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment