Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Workout That Never Ends

Today I was at the gym for five hours and it was intense. RJ and I decided to go for the workout of our lives today and I can say we definitely accomplished it. We started off with pilates which was killer today. Our abs were on fire the entire time. Following pilates, we went to a cycling class for 30 minutes. By the end of those two classes, RJ and I were exhausted and sweating everywhere. But we couldn't stop there. We continued for another two and a half hours with our strength workout. Sure, we paused to talk and everything, but it was a great workout nonetheless.

The trainers all make fun of me now because they say I do the workouts that never end. They all say that I'm there longer than they are (which is sometimes true). But what can I say? I just really enjoy working out now. And with all of you watching the progress and counting on me to make it, I just push myself even harder. It's fun for me to be at the gym for that long. I get to interact with great people, and I get to better myself because of it.

In our lives, God also calls us to do something continuously. God tells us to pray without ceasing. In good times, in bad times, in awkward times, in normal times, in sad times, in exciting times, and in all times - we should pray. If we do, we get to interact with the God of the universe who is in charge of everything that happens. So why would we not want to talk to Him about it all?

Be excited to talk to God always because He is definitely always excited to talk with you.

"Never stop praying." (1 Thessalonians 5:17 NLT)

Workout:
All exercises 4x12 unless otherwise specified
Clean pulls - 160 pounds
SLDL - 160 pounds superset with close grip pull down - 105 pounds
Power shrugs - 140 pounds
Dumbbell shrugs - 100 pound dumbbells
Seated rows 3x12 - 110 pounds

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Middle of Your Heart by For King & Country
2. Just Wanna Rock N Roll by Rodney Atkins
3. Try by Pink

Till next time,
Peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment