Thursday, December 20, 2012

It's the End of the World As We Know It

Tomorrow, the world is supposed to end. While I don't think it's gonna happen, it did get me thinking. Today, I got to experience both the joys of Christmas and the joys of a birthday party. At the gym this morning, I got to meet Santa Claus. Now, I'm not going to lie to you...I think this guy was an impostor. He was an extremely tan man, and he wasn't overweight at all. He didn't say, "Ho, ho, ho", and his hair and beard were both separated from his head. The final thing that bothered me is that he asked every kid, "Have you been naughty or nice?" Doesn't the real Santa already know this? Doesn't he have a list that he checks twice? Why does he need to ask? But see, Santa's gifts are contingent on your behavior. If you've been good all year, he will bring you presents. If not, you get coal - or nothing. 

Birthdays are a little different. Birthdays are the day you get a gift no matter how you've really acted. It's just a celebration of you being alive. No matter what you've done, you still get these gifts. For some reason, it's the one day a year people forget a lot of the negative sides of you and focus all on the good and celebrate. People all show up, party, and give you lots of presents. On a side note, the birthday party I went to tonight was for an amazing student who doesn't have anything negative that people need to "forget". But in general, birthday parties are the time when we just celebrate. 

With some people thinking the world is ending, I want to give you some comfort. 

[This is me with Santa Claus (left) and me at my student's birthday party 
with the birthday boy himself (right)]

I know all this doesn't make sense yet. Why would I talk about birthdays and Santa Claus and the end of the world? See, even if the world was ending, I know where I'm going. I know that when all is said and done, I'll be in Heaven with Jesus, partying the day away, and that's not because I'm some amazing person. It's because Jesus gives His gift like a birthday, not like Santa Claus.

Jesus doesn't expect us to be perfect and then come to Him. Yes, He's always watching, and yes, He knows if we've been naughty or nice, but His gift of eternal life isn't contingent upon our "goodness". If the end of the world really is coming, do you know where you're gonna end up? I mean, do you know for sure? And are you happy with your answer? If you're unsure or if you're unhappy because you don't think you'll be in Heaven, then let me tell you how to receive Jesus' gift.

All you have to do to receive His gift is pray this simple prayer...
Dear God,
I've screwed up a lot. There is no way I can take care of all my mess-ups on my own. I need your help. Please God, send Your Son, Jesus, into my heart. I believe He died for my sins and He loves me and I want Him to take over my life and make me new. I want to live the best life on earth, and I want to be with you in Heaven. I love you. Help me to love you more. It's in Your Son's name I pray, Amen

If you have prayed this prayer - whether it was just now or at any point in your life - you can be absolutely sure of where you'll be spending eternity. And if you did pray it just now, Jesus has given you a gift like it's your birthday - because it IS your birthday. You've now been "born again" and Jesus is so excited for you!!!

Receive His gift. Celebrate your new birthday, and don't fear the end of the world because you know where you're going now.

IF YOU DID ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST BECAUSE OF THIS POST, PLEASE CONTACT SOMEONE AND LET THEM KNOW!!! THERE ARE CHURCHES AND PASTORS AND CHRISTIAN FRIENDS ALL AROUND YOU WHO WOULD LOVE TO CELEBRATE WITH YOU!!! AND IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO, PLEASE CONTACT ME AND LET ME KNOW SO I CAN CELEBRATE WITH YOU TOO!!! 
EMAIL ME AT biggodlittlestu@gmail.com AND LET ME KNOW!!!

CHRISTMAS CAME A LITTLE EARLY: ON ONE FINAL NOTE, I GOT MY RESULTS BACK FROM THE DOCTOR TODAY. HE VERIFIED THAT MY FINGER IS NOT BROKEN. ALL I NEED TO DO IS TAPE IT UP AND BE CAREFUL!!!

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. As the Scriptures tell us, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced.” (Romans 10:9-11 NLT)

Workout
All exercises 4x12
Box squats - 275 pounds superset with lateral raises - 25 pound dumbbells
Barbell shoulder press - 125 pounds superset with alternating dumbbell chest press - 65 pound dumbbells
Barbell step ups - 115 pounds
Bench press - 180 pounds
Alternating front raises - 30 pound dumbbells superset with chest flys - 70 pound dumbbells

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Time Will Tell by The Browning (Suggested to me by the man, the myth, the legend, John Wells. It's an amazing song, and a great band. As John describes it "Dubstep Metal".)
2. Just Wanna Rock N Roll by Rodney Atkins
3. No Matter What by Rapture Ruckus

Till next time homies,
Talk to you tomorrow night (if the world doesn't end)
Peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment