Sunday, December 9, 2012

That Really Stinks

Today at the gym I did what I normally do - I sweated. For those of you who don't know me personally, you have to understand that I sweat all the time. Peeling oranges and watching COPS make me sweat (Thank you Kevin James and Will Ferriell for those jokes). So in the gym, I take along a small hand towel which I earned from getting "Fitness Points" at the gym. It's just a little white towel, but it serves a great purpose of wiping off the sweat from my hands and face so the weights don't slip and I don't get blinded from that salt water dripping in my eye. On a side note, isn't that the worst feeling? When sweat drops into my eye, I immediately want to scream. Then you have to take the awkward time of just trying to "blink it out" or just tearing up. It really sucks. But back to the towel.

During my workout this afternoon, I was using the towel when all of a sudden, it hit me. By hit me, I'm not talking about a thought that "hit me". No, this was literally like I had just been punched in the nose by something awful. You see, I use that towel every day to wipe off my sweat. I've used it every day for the past two weeks - all without washing it. The smell was horrendous. Think about running every day for a week and wearing the same socks every day. But don't wash the socks for the entire week. Now use that sock to wipe your face. Imagine what that would be like. That's how this was for me.

The progress has been great and I'm very excited about what's going on, but let's be honest...some parts of working out really stink. There are things that happen and that I have to go through that I would rather not do. I'm not so much talking about the exercises and workouts. I refuse to not have fun with those. But the sweat, the constant washing of clothes that get disgusting from the workouts, all the food I have to eat, and a few other things are just downfalls of what I have to do, but I know it's what's best. It might be tough and there might even be some things that seem strange, but progress is being made and it's worth it.

[This is a picture of my gross towel, lifting straps, and wrist braces 
being washed in the sink (top), and then hanging to dry (bottom)]

Our spiritual lives are the same way. There are some things that God asks us to do that we see as "stinkers". There might even be some things we don't understand or that don't seem like a big deal, but it's all worth it. God made you and He made you in a way to live the way He designed. When we listen to His instructions, we will live the best life ever - not just in Heaven, but here on earth too. God has designed it for us. We may not understand it, but He knows what's best and I promise no matter how much you might think it "stinks", it's worth it.

God loves you and all He wants is the best for you. Listen to Him and you won't regret it.

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
    “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so my ways are higher than your ways
    and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9 NLT)


"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11 NLT)

Workout:

Superset 4x6
Chinup - 30 pound dumbbell added
Close grip bench press - 160 pounds

Forearm rope climb - 25 pounds

Superset 3x10
Dumbbell triceps extension - 100 pound dumbbell
Preacher curl - 80 pound bar

Dumbbell twists - 20 pound dumbbells x 25

Superset
Dumbbells curls (5x5) - 60 pound dumbbells
Tricep dips (5x8) - 80 pound dumbbell added

Dumbbell wrist curls
15 pound dumbbells x 10 overhand
15 pound dumbbells x 10 underhand

Superset 2x12
Skull crusher (80 pounds)
Single arm cable curl - 45 pounds

Barbell wrist curls - Bar x 25

Superset
Dumbbell hammer curls (5x5) - 50 pound dumbbells//55 pound dumbbells used on final two sets
Military push-ups - 15x5

Superset
21's - 60 pound bar (1 set of 21's)
Tricep cable push down - 155 pounds (25 reps)

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Girls Just Want to Have Fun cover by The Maine
2. Carol of the Bells by Family Force 5
3. Love Came Down at Christmas by Jars of Clay

Till next time,
Peace and much love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment