Tuesday, December 11, 2012

CALL A MEDIC!!!

This morning I woke up with a severe pain. It felt like a bruise mixed with a muscle spasm. To me, that may mean a broken bone of some kind. The pain was terrible. And it was shooting throughout my entire...pinky.

That's right people, my pinky really hurt. I don't know what did it or why it bothered me so much, but it did. Now, I may sound like a baby but it really was painful. I immediately talked to Derek (my medical expert) who reassured me that everything was going to be okay. He told me to just ice it and then "buddy tape" it (Buddy taping is when you tape one finger to the one next to it. You tape it to its "buddy"). So that's what I did.

My mom thought I was going a little overkill with it though. She saw the bowl of ice I was using and said, "Goodness, all that is for your pinky?" because I used a rather large bowl and a rather large amount of ice to take care of my issue. I had to do whatever it took. I iced my pinky for 10 minutes, and it was so cold. It felt like it was going to fall off. When I pulled it out of the water, it felt as though needles were shooting into it all around. In the end, my pinky was better. I had to do some pretty "extreme" things to get it there, but it worked.

(This is a picture of me icing my pinky.)

Our spiritual lives should be the same way. We should be willing to do whatever it takes to get rid of the things that God doesn't want in our lives. Jesus says that if your eye, even your good eye, causes you to sin, gouge it out. If your hand, even your good hand, causes you to sin, cut it off. Spare no expense at eliminating from your life the things God does not approve of. Are you willing to do that? Will you do whatever it takes to become who God wants you to be? It's not enough to just say that you will. Get rid of whatever it is in your life that causes you to sin. If it's a certain person you're around, quit being around that person. If it's a job you have, quit. If it's an object, throw it away. Whatever it is, get rid of it.

Becoming who God wants you to be sometimes means getting rid of things we dearly love, but we have to remember that we should love God above everyone and everything else in our lives. It's worth it.

"So if your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It’s better to enter eternal life with only one hand or one foot than to be thrown into eternal fire with both of your hands and feet. And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It’s better to enter eternal life with only one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell." (Matthew 18:8-9 NLT)

Workout:
All exercises 4x12
Squats - 300 pounds
Barbell shoulder press - 120 pounds superset with dumbbell alternating chest press - 65 pound dumbbells
Leg press - 650 pounds
Shoulder plate alphabet - 35 pound plate
Alternating front raises - 25 pound dumbbells superset with dumbbell chest flys - 65 pound dumbbells

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Disintegration by Jimmy Eat World
2. Just Wanna Rock N Roll by Rodney Atkins
3. Listen to the Sound by Building 429

Till next time homies,
Peace and much love.


No comments:

Post a Comment