Monday, September 17, 2012

Sore

Today I woke up and I could barely move. As I laid in bed, I was squirming around trying to find which part of me hurt the worst. When I moved my arms, my chest singed with pain and when I twisted my torso, my back and neck surged. It is, without a doubt, the most sore I have been from exercise. And I couldn't be happier.

Waking up feeling sore means that I actually did something yesterday. I wasn't sore in the sense of an injury. I was sore in the sense that a lot of work had been put into my muscles and because of that they are growing and changing. Yeah, it's painful, but it's good in the end.

Isn't that how God is with us? A lot of times we will go through things that are pretty painful, but they can really help us grow. We might be sore for quite a while after we go through all those things, but He will always be there to heal us. From my soreness today, I used a muscle-shocking system called the TENS 3000. It sends electrical pulses through your muscles to make them tense and relax (kind of like a taser). Even that hurts, but it helps heal in the end.

Today, whatever you're facing, remember that God is the ultimate healer. He may put you through some tough things, but it's all to help your "muscles grow". Know that He loves you and would never want to hurt you. He just wants to see you "bulk up".

"Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing." (James 1:2-4 NLT)

Below, I have some stuff I should have posted earlier, along with my workout from the day and my "Best Workout Songs of the Day".

Pre-measurements:
I am happy to announce I have my official measurements.


Here are my measurements:
Waist: 36 inches
Biceps: 14 inches
Neck: 16 inches
Chest: 42 inches
Shoulders: 21 inches
Forearms: 11 inches

Here are my statistics:
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 183.8 pounds
Fat content: 11.3%
(Tom Hardy, who plays Bane, is around 5' 9" and he weighed around 196 pounds for the role.)

Workout:
The workout follows the same format as yesterday, and I'm reporting it here in the same fashion as yesterday's workout.

Single arm rotating dumbbell curl: 50
Single arm tricep dumbbell overhead: 35
Forearm rope twist: 25
Preacher bar skull crusher: 90
Barbell curl: 90
Dumbbell hammer curl: 45
Tricep cable pull down: 120
Forearm dumbbell curls (both ways): 25
Single arm cable curl: 50
Forearm cable push: 60
Single arm tricep cable pull down: 65
Single arm forearm cable reverse curl: 40
Preacher curl static hold: 70
Tricep weighted dip static hold: 40

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Heartbeat by The Fray
2. White Flag by Chris Tomlin
3. Love Me by Justin Bieber (go ahead and judge me)

Food:
I ate a lot of eggs and then Moe's steak burrito today. I won't bore you with details.

***A note on supplements***
A lot of people have asked me if I'm taking nutritional supplements since I'm not using steroids. The answer is yes. My pre-workout is Super Pump Max in Fruit Punch flavor (2 scoops approximately 20 minutes before my workout) and my protein is the chocolate Muscle Milk (2 scoops immediately following my workout).

You all have been great about giving me feedback. A lot of your questions are things I posted about this time. Keep all the questions and comments coming!

Till next time,
Peace and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment