Sunday, September 23, 2012

Follow the Plan

At church this morning, our Associate Pastor, Richard Mosqueda, spoke. He talked all about how God's plan for our lives is awesome, but it won't work if you just know the plan. You have to apply it to your life. There's a difference between knowledge and wisdom. Knowledge is just understanding the facts. Wisdom is applying all of it to your life.

There have been quite a few people who have been very speculative about the plan I'm undergoing. They have said there's no way it's going to work or that all the advice I'm getting is crap (I discussed all of this and these people in length in one of my earlier posts). I could not disagree more with their opinion.

The people I have around me contributing to this plan are the best I know. They have supported me through a lot and have also proved to me time and again they know what they're talking about. To me, any "outsiders" giving suggestions have to be run through this team for approval. Why? Because a lot of people think they understand me and what I'm doing when in reality they're just regurgitating what they've heard before from others. I want to follow the plan and I feel that if I do, I really will gain the best results possible.

Isn't our regular life that same way? There are so many people and organizations and things who tell us what's best for our lives. Why don't we trust the One who designed us and knows what's best? Why do we listen to all the "outsiders" who are just regurgitating what they've heard from others or think will work for us? It should not be this way!

Listen to the Expert. He made you. He loves you. He won't steer you wrong. You've got to follow His plan.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11 NLT)

Workout:
Weighted dips: 95 pounds
Bent over row: 160 pounds
Alternating chest press: 85 pound dumbbells
Barbell bent over row underhand: 155 pounds
Cable flies incline: 95 on each side
Back extension: 55 pounds
Cable flies decline: 65 on each side
Weighted pull ups: 25 pound dumbbell
Dumbbell flies/10 push-ups: 80 pound dumbbells
Elbows out lawnmowers: 80 pound dumbbells

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Our God's Alive by Andy Cherry
2. Great I Am by New Life Worship
3. When We Stand Together by Nickelback (go ahead and hate on them. I don't care. I think they're a good band.)

Till next time,
Peace and much love homies...

No comments:

Post a Comment