Sunday, September 30, 2012

Every Day

Every day, my body takes an absolute beating. Today, it finally caught up with me a little bit. Due to the intense lack of sleep I got this weekend, I was completely exhausted when I went to the gym today. Honestly, the only thing that got me through was the Super Pump Max. My entire body is sore and with every step, I feel as though I'm going to fall asleep standing. During my workout today, there were four times I can distinctly remember nearly walking out and giving up for the day. Something kept pushing me though. I knew that if I would just do one more rep or one more set that I would be one step closer to finishing. That was my mindset today. Just take one step. Just do one thing. Just focus and get through 15 seconds of pain to accomplish an ultimate goal. Don't worry about making it all the way through, just focus on the next thing. That's it. Just one more step. Just one more. Then you're that much closer to being finished. It took a long time, and it was frustrating and extremely difficult at times, but I made it. I made it one step at a time, but I made it. And I'm glad I did. I didn't have to go home regretting what I'd missed out on or believing I could have done more. 

I think that far too many times when we're thinking about God, we desire to know the final steps rather than taking time to notice that God has revealed the very next thing He wants us to do. I'm not going to lie to you. At times, that is very frustrating. We want to know what all the tiny steps are leading to, but can't see it. But nevertheless, God keeps revealing the next tiny step. Then the next one, then the next one. If we focus on the end, we may never get anywhere or we may take the worst route ever to make it to the end. But if we step out in faith and just take the next step, then the next one, then one more, then another...
We will get there. And we will get there in God's timing - which is the best timing. 

I encourage you to not worry about the end. Just keep taking the next steps. Just like Abram (later Father Abraham) in the Bible, God told him to go to the land he WOULD reveal. Get up, leave everything, and start walking. One step at a time, Abraham made it. He made it in God's timing and was eternally blessed for it. 

Don't worry about the end. Take the next step and know that whatever is waiting for you at the end is well worth all the steps you took to get there. 

"The Lord had said to Abram, “Leave your native country, your relatives, and your father’s family, and go to the land that I will show you. I will make you into a great nation. I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others. I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt. All the families on earth will be blessed through you.”
So Abram departed as the Lord had instructed, and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he left Haran." (Genesis 12:1-3 NLT)



Workout:
Alternating chest press: 90 pound dumbbells
Bent over Row: 145 pounds
Plyo push ups: 10 x 5
Back extension: 65 pounds
Dips: 100 pounds on waist
Shallow Grip Pull ups: 30 pounds on waist
Fly machine: 175 pounds
Back fly machine: 135 pounds
TRX push ups: 10
TRX rows: 12

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. Numb by Usher
2. If You Do, If You Don't by Cartel
3. Banner of Love by Luminate

Till next time party people...
Peace and much love

No comments:

Post a Comment