Saturday, September 22, 2012

My Heart Is Gonna Explode

This morning I went to Boot Camp, which is one of my absolute favorite workouts of the week, every week. This morning was no different in that sense, but it was different in another sense.

Typically in every Boot Camp class I have little, if any, trouble. But this morning was a different story. This morning as I was jumping rope, doing push ups, and running, it felt like my heart was about to explode out of my chest. See, I've been focused on other things.

I've been trying to get bigger and stronger, not focusing on being faster. My body has gotten used to the 5x5 routine which has my body settled at doing intense weights, but for an EXTREMELY brief period of time with each lift. When you go to a Boot Camp class that is non-stop for an hour and 15 minutes, it's hard for your body (or at least my body) to adjust. I made it through. And I've come up with some ways that I'm going to focus on keeping my speed and endurance as well as gaining strength and bulk. It's different. I've got to adjust and figure it all out, but I'll get there.

Adjusting our spiritual battles can be the same way. We'll focus on one thing for a long time, put all of our effort into conquering some sin, we conquer it, and then a new one pops up. We work on fixing that, and then the old sin comes back up. We're constantly flip-flopping back and forth just trying to keep ourselves from falling apart.

Life doesn't have to be that way.

In my life, I flip-flipped for so long. It wasn't until I really let God take over that I don't have to worry about it any more. I'm not perfect. I'm still in a battle every single day, but I know now that with God in control, I don't have to flip flop.

What is it in your life that you keep flip-flopping about? How can you let God take over completely so you don't have to face that any more?

"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." (James 1:27 NLT)

Workout:
Boot Camp class woot woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment