Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

I hope that you and your families and loved ones have had an extremely Merry Christmas!

This morning, I worked at the foster care I am a part-time employee of. Let me tell you that seeing those kids open their gifts was the best Christmas present ever. To see them be so excited over some things that seemed so simple - like scrap-booking supplies or sketch pads as well as some amazing clothes and stereos and other items was absolutely amazing to me. Their eyes lit up and for me it was great to experience Christmas for what it was really meant to be experienced as. Not as a time for me to get stuff, but as a time for me to be with people who need it and to spread some cheer about the birth of Jesus. 

Let's not let it die just today. Let's constantly spread the news about Jesus' birth and remember that He also died and rose again for us. All of us.

I'd like to leave you with just a few words from my favorite Christmas song and then a passage from the Bible.

The Greatest Gift by Amber Sky Records
"God loved us all so much He gave us His only Son to save us.
And angels sang.
And shepherds saw.
The wisemen came to bow.
God knew everything we needed, so He sent us Jesus.
The greatest gift in all the world is with us now."

"So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness...From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another. For the law was given through Moses, but God’s unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us." (John 1:14a; 16-18 NLT)

Merry Christmas to all and to all...
Peace and much love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment