Friday, December 28, 2012

Big Compliment

Today in the gym a man, whom I don't really remember ever seeing, was lifting weights. I was dancing around, being my normal self, when I went to go get a drink of water. My water bottle was sitting right next to where he was lifting. He was about to start a set, but then paused. He looked at me, and set his weights down. He turned toward me and motioned for my attention. I was immediately a bit scared. See, this guy wasn't tiny. He stood at around 6'2"-6'3" and was definitely a strong guy. Why did this man, who looked much stronger than me, want my attention?

I pulled the headphones out of my ears and braced for him to make fun of me or to tell me to quit dancing around so much. As I was able to hear him, what he said surprised me. He said, "Hey man, where did that skinny guy go?" I immediately realized what he was saying. I used to be scrawny. So I said, "He's gone now" and chuckled. He said, "Man, you really exploded. That takes a lot of work. Good for you!" That made me so happy. I thanked him greatly and then got my drink of water and we both continued our workouts. But it was great for me. Someone who was much bigger than I am saw me and complimented me.

That's how God is with us. He is much bigger, better, and stronger than us and He wants our attention. But don't be afraid. He wants to tell you how much He loves you. He's all around you, motioning for you to pay attention, and when you do you'll feel love and peace beyond anything you could ever fully understand. He can be absolutely terrifying, and He will be if you continue to neglect his attempts at connecting with you. But what He wants you to see the most is that He loves you.

Don't ignore Him. See where He is in your life and let Him tell you He loves you and wants to comfort you.

"Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6b-7 NLT)


*** Would you like a workout program designed just for you?***
Derek (who has designed a lot of the Becoming Bane program) and I are taking orders! All you have to do is send an email to fitinyourownway@gmail.com and tell us what your goals are. We will respond and talk to you about everything we can do together to make your fitness dreams come true!!!


Workout:
Leg press - 650 pounds 4x12
Calf raises - 450 pounds 4x12
Seated leg curl - 150 pounds 4x8
Seated leg extension - 180 pounds 4x8
Shoulder plate alphabet - 35 pound plate (TODAY I GOT THROUGH THE ENTIRE ALPHABET WITHOUT STOPPING!!!)
Dragon milkers - 50 pound dumbbells 4x12
Inverted rows - 90 pound preacher bar 4x8
Dumbbell side raises - 30 pound dumbbells 4x8
Plate overhead lunges - 26 lunges with a 45 pound plate

Best Songs of the Workout:
1. God is Able by Hillsong United
2. Break the Line by Rapture Ruckus
3. Furious by Jeremy Riddle

Till next time homies, 
Peace and much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment