Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Phase 1: Complete

So phase one of Becoming Bane has ended. Let's review:
 - I began at 183.8 pounds and 11.3% body fat. 
 - My goal was to weight 200 pounds by January 1, 2013 (today). 
 - I began the project on September 15, 2012 which means I had a little over 15 weeks to gain right around 16 pounds of muscle. 
 - All of this had to be done without the use of any steroids.
 - Many people said it would be impossible...check out the results below to see if they were correct.

Here are the measurements from the beginning of the project:
Waist: 36 inches
Biceps: 14 inches
Neck: 16 inches
Chest: 42 inches
Shoulders: 21 inches
Forearms: 11 inches

Here are my statistics:
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 183.8 pounds
Fat content: 11.3%

Here are my measurements from today:
Waist: 36 inches
Biceps 15.5 inches (Growth of one and a half inches)
Neck: 17.25 inches (Growth of one and a quarter inches)
Chest: 44 inches (Growth of two inches)
Shoulders: 25.5 inches (Growth of four and a half inches)
Forearms: 13 inches (Growth of two inches)

        Total Growth of 11.25 inches combined in all muscles

So did it happen? Did I make the 200 pound goal? 
At my final "check-in" of Phase 1, my results were as follows:
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 202 pounds
Fat Content: 11.8% 

**********WE DID IT!!!!************

There is absolutely no way for me to tell you how much all of you reading has meant to me throughout this project. Phase one is complete, and I reached my goal because of God's power and because He placed all of you in my life. Thank you so much for encouraging me and reading - even when things weren't going so great. 

Let me end this huge endeavor of Phase One by saying this:
Don't ever let anyone tell you anything is impossible. 

When you find out where God is working and join with Him to do the things He loves doing, there's no way for anything or anyone to stop you. I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that the only reason I was able to accomplish this goal is because I relied on God to get me through it. To many of you, that will sound silly, but I know it's true. There were so many "experts" who said I could never make it, but in the end, God showed up and did more than I ever could have imagined. That's what He loves to do. 

I know that many of you have made goals for yourselves in 2013 - make sure you team with God to accomplish them! He never designed you to work alone, so don't try it. Find out what He wants for your life and go for it with everything you have. When it's all said and done, I promise you won't be disappointed because He will show up and do so much more than you even thought possible.

So what's next? 
Like I said, Phase One is complete, but Phase Two begins on Monday. I'll be taking a brief hiatus from this blog until then, but I'll be back on Monday to explain everything and let you know what we're all going to accomplish together in Phase Two. I promise Phase Two will be much more intense than even Phase One was. I will be pushing my body, mind, and spirit to their absolute limits, and you will all be able to join with me and see what happens when we go further than we ever thought possible. 

"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21 NLT)

I love you all. 
Till next time homies...
2300789_CreateAgif.gif
Peace and much love

No comments:

Post a Comment